Office Manager (Brewer-Clifton Winery)
This key hands-on position has broad responsibility for a variety of administrative functions in support of production operations in Jackson Family Wines wineries.
- Accounts Payable process: accurately matches invoices to receiving documents and processes invoices in JD Edwards; maintains vendor accounts for related invoices through statement research and discrepancy resolution.
- Assists Controller with preparation and monitoring of budgets including quarterly budget reviews. Understands and can navigate related company tracking systems (e.g. Adaptive)
- Uploads data for bi-weekly payroll through Kronos system. Monitors time clock, conducts local troubleshooting; responds to employee inquiries related to timecard issues; receives, audits and distributes bi-weekly paychecks and audits at all times for possible discrepancies. Acts as primary liaison at winery with Corporate Payroll Dept.
- Works with local management team to provide prompt response to work related injuries and ensures compliance with all company and regulatory guidelines including preparing and filing all necessary insurance paperwork, acting as a liaison with local occupational clinic, communicating with injured worker-HR-insurance company.
- Compliance: ensures required regulatory, compliance and labor posters are current and properly displayed/accessible at all times. Ensures that local management and employee practices are aligned with regulatory requirements including work schedules, breaks, safety, conduct, paycheck distribution, etc.
- Assumes responsibility for key safety coordinator for winery to include scheduling/monitoring safety meetings in conjunction with other company resources, vendors and consultants. Tracks and maintains safety records and metrics, assists with developing and managing local awareness and recognition programs.
- Assists employees with day-to-day benefits questions and directs employee inquiries to appropriate HR personnel. Processes pre-employment health screens; processes all new hires for winery and provides basic orientation to new hires. Assume full responsibility for processing, managing and ensuring regulatory compliance of I-9s.
- Works with outside temp agency to hire for bi annual bottling needs and harvest temps/interns
- Enters/maintains accurate, detailed production data in BIMS system. Understands and stays updated on all aspects of BIMS system as it applies to individual winery data and record keeping.
- Manages and acts as winery point person for telecommunications, IT, company communications, vendors.
- Uses JDE to generate transfers of all newly cased wines to the appropriate company locations; annual inventory of Bulk wine, packaging items and cased wines.
- Uses JFW Bims system to establish and maintain bulk wine inventory, which will facilitate all compliance reporting to the TTB on a bi-monthly basis. Strong data entry skills essential , attention to detail necessary.
- Provide all administrative support for Winemaker and staff, to include expense reporting via Concur and organizing travel calendar for winemaker.
- Project management for any and all capital expense projects, from locating vendors to scheduling the work and final billing.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- Bilingual fluency in speaking, reading and writing preferred, but not necessary.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office including advanced proficiency in Excel, JD Edwards , Concur.
- Must be well organized, flexible and able to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, fluid environment. Must be able to perform effectively in fast paced environment; must be detail oriented and demonstrate a high level of proficiency in anticipating, addressing and resolving an on-going variety of assignments and challenges.
- Must effectively and diplomatically interface and communicate with employees at all levels and departments in the company.
- Prior recent, relevant office experience and 2 or more years of related winery experience strongly preferred.
External Candidates, apply HERE!
Internal Candidates, apply HERE!