Tasting Room Manager (Zaca Mesa Winery & Vineyards)
Job Title: Tasting Room Manager
Reports To: Direct-to-Consumer Manager
Location: Los Olivos, CA
Zaca Mesa Winery & Vineyards is a family-owned and operated business located in the heart of Santa Barbara County’s premier wine growing region. Established in 1973, we fuse the past with the present by combining Old World Winemaking practices with innovative farming and vineyard techniques.
Our location, surrounded by the San Rafael Mountains offers stunning office views of both vineyard and mountain landscapes.
About Our Open Role…
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to lead our dynamic sales and hospitality team as the Tasting Room Manager. The Tasting Room Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the tasting room and guest experience at Zaca Mesa Winery.
The major responsibilities of this position include:
- Collaborate with executive team and participate in the development of the strategic plan for the organization including financial planning, forecasting, and budgeting for the tasting room.
- Develop monthly departmental objectives, and goals which may include wine sales, wine club sign-ups, phone sales campaigns and customer outreach programs. Identify metrics to measure staff performance and develop individual and team incentives.
- Ensure the tasting room is adequately and efficiently staffed daily, by scheduling tasting room associates to accommodate hours of operation, special events, and staff requests for personal time off.
- Responsible for training, supervising, motivating, and developing all seasonal, part-time, and full-time Tasting Room Associates in the following areas: sales, customer service, wine knowledge, inventory management, point-of-sales system, safety, company policies/procedures and government regulations.
- Maintain physical inventory of merchandise and wine in the tasting room and lounge. Conduct weekly inventory counts on bottled wine/merchandise and reconcile inventory.
- Manage Tock reservation system to ensure the flow is appropriate to maximize traffic and maintain an exceptional guest experience.
- Maintain knowledge of market and industry competitors and Direct-to-Consumer best practices in the industry.
- Champion customer service and staff education by ensuring that all Tasting Room Associates communicate in a knowledgeable, professional, and gracious manner that is accurate and consistent with the mission and vision of Zaca Mesa Winery & Vineyards.
Words that people use to describe you include charismatic, self-motivated, approachable, and resourceful. You perform well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude. You are customer-service oriented and aim to ensure our guests needs are met, especially during high-traffic weekend days. You are a natural leader who is accountable and dependable and appreciate that, in a small business environment, everyone pitches in to ensure all tasks are completed and goals are met. You are a team player who motivates and empowers others to achieve maximum productivity and organizational success.
What You Bring…
- Minimum of three years management experience in hospitality, winery, retail, or related field.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent.
- A combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Microsoft Suites, including Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, etc.
- Knowledge of point-of-sale database systems.
- Certified Specialist of Wine (CSW) or Certified Wine Educator (CWE) accreditation is a plus.
- Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) certification
- Willing to work holidays (closed on major holidays), weekends, and extended hours.
- Ability to recognize talent, motivate and coach staff, and encourage development opportunities within the company.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
What We Offer…
We are a team of wine industry professionals and enthusiasts alike. If you appreciate wine, enjoy sales, hospitality, and management, and would like to provide the ultimate wine country experience, we would be interested in having you join our resolute team. We offer sales incentives to reward exceptional performance in addition to a competitive salary and benefits (401k, health, dental & vision). We provide extensive training, tools, and, most of all, first-class wines to sell, to set our applicants up for success.
Salary Range: $26.00/hr-$29.00/hr
Please send your cover letter and resume to Hilary Key, [email protected].