The Santa Barbara Vintners is a 501 (c) 6, non-profit organization, with nearly 200 members including wineries, vineyards, vineyard management companies, and business/hospitality associates joining together to promote the world-class, authentic wines of Santa Barbara County, California. Membership in the Santa Barbara Vintners provides a slew of year-round and targeted benefits for your business. Interested in joining? Click here to skip to the Membership Types section.
Santa Barbara Vintners Goals
- Building the Santa Barbara County brand
- Communicating that Santa Barbara County is a world-class, authentic wine region
- Providing industry information to its members
Begun in the spirit of camaraderie, the Association daily faces the challenges of marketing the grapes and wines of a relatively-unheard of wine region composed of the Santa Maria Valley and Santa Ynez Valley AVAs. The 17 founding members incorporated as the Santa Barbara County Vintners Association in 1984 with 8,000 to 9,000 planted acres. The region is now composed of six AVAs: Happy Canyon of Santa Barbara, Ballard Canyon, Santa Maria Valley, Santa Ynez Valley and Sta. Rita Hills. Association membership has expanded to over 120 wineries and 32 vineyards with about 21,000 planted acres.
Getting the Word Out: Effective Use of Your Investment
- Website: Newly designed website and micro-sites with more than 200,000 combined web visitors
- Social Media: 15,000+ Facebook followers (Santa Barbara Wine Country), 12,000+ Instagram followers (Santa Barbara Wine Country), and 5,750+ Twitter followers (@SBCWines)
- Email Consumer Marketing: 11,000+ opt-in subscribers
- Santa Barbara Wine Country Marketing: Integrated marketing and advertising campaign featuring “Your Journey Starts Here”
- Trade & Consumer Tastings: Mission Santa Barbara Wine Trade Trip
- Active Relationships: With the California Wine Institute, Visit California, and many of the wine tourism associations based in Santa Barbara County.
- Media Relations: Proactively pitch and follow-up with targeted wine, food, travel, and lifestyle media. Host individual media representatives upon request and through proactive outreach.